Our free online calculation program gives you a quick and accurate overview of the costs and tells you exactly which type of stones you need. Assistance is available by using our free hotline (No waiting, no music, just personal attention!)
How it was back then: Styrostone DIY people in front of the camera:
You are aware that most cost savings are achieved when constructing the shell. However you would like our free technical assistance and training support.
"Delivered on site, load off, built up...",
Now that you have found your plot, the first thing to consider is your overall budget.
Most domestic builds average a cost of ?800-?1200/m2 of floor area, depending on the standard of finish and the build route.
- You would expect to allocate approx. 16% of this to your external wall construction.
- You would expect to allocate approx. 11% to foundations.
- You would expect to allocate approx 11% to the roof.
It is worth noting that 50-60% of the build costs are labour and so your outlay can be considerably reduced by building yourself with StyroStone!
Once you have your budget in mind and an idea of what you intend to build the following is a good guide to your schedule and sequence of events-
- Arrange site insurance
- Choose designer and builders
- Create your design
- Get planning permission
- Apply for water and electricity
- Prepare detailed drawings
- Obtain Building Regulations approval
- Put contract out to tender
- Select builder/tradesmen
- Arrange warranty and insurances
- Clear site/create access
- Set out and dig trenches
- Pour concrete/prepare oversite
- Build structure/erecting scaffold as required
- Build roof structure and tile
- Make weathertight
- Fix rainwater goods/external decoration, remove scaffold
- First fix carpentry, plumbing and electrics
- Plaster out walls and ceilings
- Lay hard floor finishes
- Connect house to mains services
- Second fix carpentry, plumbing and electrics
- Decoration and ceramic tiling
- Landscaping, driveway, paths etc
- Arrange for final inspection
- Completion/moving in
- Correcting any defects
StyroStone offers free on site training and provides an after care service second to none. Your success is our best advertisement!